Friday, June 12, 2009

Bizarre Topics Bazaar

We're all list-keepers, right?

I thought so.

Well, one list of mine concerns potential topics for future writings -- either the long or the short of it. Number one on my list is the undisputed fact concerning the demise of one of my favorite writers: Ambrose Bierce.

I'm sure you all know about this, but for the one or two of you that may have missed the news [it was in all the papers], here it is in a nutshell:

In his seventies, after visiting various Civil War battlefields familiar to him from back in his day, he crossed over into Revolution-Torn Mexico...and was never heard from since....

His last written words were:

"As to me, I leave here tomorrow for an unknown destination." (December 26, 1913)

Ah yes...."Bitter Bierce" [as he was known] -- the stuff of imaginative flights of fancy.....

How about YOU?

What's on your list of "things to write about"??

No comments: