Friday, May 7, 2010

The First Friday of the Month

Hi there!

Good news (well, news, in any case) for everyone following the Abandoned Towers Blog. We now have a new blogger who will be sharing his thoughts with all you loyal readers once a month, on the first Friday of the month.

So who is this new kid on the block?

Why, me, of course.

All right, I’ll tell you a bit about myself. My name is Gustavo Bondoni, and I write fiction. There, I feel better already. My writing is all over the map, from pure science fiction to mainstream and from flash fiction to novels. If you’re curious, quite a bit of it can be found on the Abandoned Towers site, in the Science Fiction, Audio and Humor sections. There’s more of it to be found, both online and in print, if this selection whets your appetite.

So, other than a writer, what am I? Well, I’m just a regular guy from Argentina whose first language happens to be English (with an American accent no less) due to the sometimes strange policies that multinational companies have for moving employees all over the globe, as well as their families and young children. Changing schools, friends and sometimes languages every three years was an… interesting… way to grow up!

So, scarred as I was, I have been writing now for five years, with over eighty short story sales and a couple of books (forthcoming) to my credit. You can learn a little more about me at my homepage.

These entries will look at different aspects of genre literature, both from a writer’s point of view and a reader’s. I hope to make the series as interactive as possible, which means that reader questions will form a large part of the curriculum. So if there’s anything you’re dying to hear my opinion on, fire away!

I’m truly honored to be here, and I hope you enjoy my ramblings.

Until next month,
Gustavo

No comments: